Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues & Viva la Verve {Thinking of You}


I had the chance to get inky today and I decided to play along with Viva la Verve Sketches! I inked up some wildflower images in Baked Brown Sugar and then stamped them onto some pattern paper. I used some washi tape to hold down the middle square as suggested and used the "skewed" piece as a corrugated piece...created with my crimper. The butterflies were created with three layers...one layer of pattern paper, one layer of vellum and a smaller vellum butterfly. The vellum has a pink sheen on it.


I was also inspired by Taheerah Atchia and her challenge called "Cure for the Monday Blues". This challenge photo gave me the jumping off point for my colour choices...a neutral base with some notebook paper...to go with the desk and some washi...which is piled up on one corner. I also loved the clear vellum paper in the photo that the orange wording is on...which was the inspired for my butterflies.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: My Favorite Things (Wildflowers)
Inks: Baked Brown Sugar, Black
Papers: MME, Kraft
Extras: Recollections Washi Tape, SU! Butterfly Punches, Pearls, Crimper


13 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love the sweet little roses on the patterned paper and your lovely layered butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific design Lesley, this is os pretty! Love the floral background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the sketch and loving the vellum butterflies and corrugated paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lesley, love the silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! This is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty Lesley! love the smidge of washi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Lesley, simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the neutrals with the little bit of pink and the rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty! I have done very little with the brown sugar color, but I love how you used it here. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sweet vintage take on the inspiration image Lesley - you took the perfect touches of colour and vellum for a truly delightful card! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)