Sunday, September 8, 2013

Welcome to Karen and Karren on our Merry Monday Christmas Card Design Team!


Recently, we have had a couple of spots open up on my Merry Monday Christmas Card Design Team. I would like to welcome Karen Davis and Karren Johnson to our little team! I recently discovered Karen Davis while playing along at the Shabby Tearoom. I love her vintage and clean style!! And Karren Johnson, has been an avid player at some of my other challenges, and I have always admired her clean and classy work. 


I asked both ladies to share a bit about themselves:


Hi, my name is Karren Johnson and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand with Pete, my fiancé of 22 years (yes, 22 years!) and our two boys, Matthew, 15 and William, 11.  I work full-time as a Regional Finance Manager for CourierPost -  the best courier company in NZ.
My mother introduced me to rubber stamping in about 1999.  She has been stamping for years and I decided to see what the attraction was, so I took a day off work and spent the day with her making Christmas cards.  It was fun, but I wasn't immediately hooked.  However, when I was on maternity leave in 2002 with my youngest, I got bored so borrowed a few of Mum’s supplies.  And you can guess the rest...  In 2012, I started a blog and quickly got addicted to the challenge blogs!

I’m so pleased to be on Lesley’s Merry Monday team with so many talented stampers.

Karen Davis
Hi, my name is Karen Davis and I live in Auckland, New Zealand with Graham, my husband of 20 years, three dear old cats and one darling rabbit.
I have always worked with fabric, first as a dressmaker and later as a quilter. Seven years ago, I started a business designing and making quilts, bags and softies for patterns and teaching.
While I had dabbled in paper crafting for a short time seven years ago, it wasn’t until the end of last year that I had a little spare time to start card making again, and to start a blog, Karen Creates Cards.

I am so delighted to become one of Lesley’s Merry Monday girls and look forward to creating alongside this very talented design team.

Thank you so much ladies!!! We are thrilled to have you both with us!!! 
We will be back on Monday morning, at 5am (PST) with a brand new Christmas card challenge!!! We can't wait to share our cards with you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Karen and Karren! It will be wonderful to see their great creations in the DT gallery every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Karren and Karen!! Way to go, representing New Zealand, too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome NZ ladies! I am in Christchurch too, what a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome, Lesley (and the other lovely commenters). It's going to be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)