Sunday, May 19, 2013

Paper Issues {Die Cutting Challenge}, Moxie Fab & CAS-ual Fridays

PaperIssues

Today over at Paper Issues, we have our new CURRENT ISSUE to get you inspired!!! 

Come and play along with our DIE CUTTING Challenge!!! 

Get out your dies and your die cutting machine and link up!! FUN!


I was also inspired by Moxie Fab World to play along with "The Card Set Challenge" and I created a set of Thank You cards for my sister's bridesmaids. My sister's wedding colours are neutrals mixed with a wine colour. She is getting married at a gorgeous winery this summer, we went there last weekend, it had beautiful scenery and flowers. (The wine was yummy too). So I created three special cards for her for each girl. The sentiment comes from Penny Black, I have had it forever and I love it.


I also liked the stamp on designer paper challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays which really got me thinking about making these cards, as I had this designer paper in my stash and I thought it would be a nice wedding background to these cards. I also used some vellum for under the flower...it is difficult to see in the photo but it does add to the elegance of the cards. I really hope she likes them!

22 comments:

  1. Nice cards! Like the die cut pieces and the paper is great. That is a sweet sentiment. I'm sure your sister will appreciate these handmade gifts she can give her bridesmaids. They will surely like them, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned perfection, Lesley. This card is so luxurious and totally evokes a romantic wedding theme with a reception featuring red wine against a damask tablecloth. Sigh. Let me know if someone needs a "plus one" and I'll be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful diecut flourish! The paper is very elegant as is the strip of vellum! And the flower adds even more gorgeousness! I think your sister will be delighted as will her bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lesley, your cards are gorgeous. Love the neutrails with the pop of red. I am sure the recipients will love them also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Lesley! Love the pop of color from those red flowers! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    Great project, love all the little details!
    It is a great design.
    From Japan.
    Ryoma Sakamoto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure she will find them perfect! They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neutrals with a pop of color are always classy. I love the stamped background and the flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card sets and my favorite color combo. The die cut flowers are so elegant. Lovely as always, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley ~ what a beautiful card! Absolutely stunning and yes, I'm sure the girls will LOVE their card! All the different elements are wonderful ~ vellum..haven't pull mine out in ages ~ thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm sure she will love them. Amazing job with both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous, Lesley! What a wonderful idea for your sister!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card set! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have outdone yourself with these cards - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Lesley, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful! I like the softness the vellum adds! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lurrrrrrrve them, lady! i'd have been so tempted to use another color for the flourishes, but the neutral tones are SO elegant. GORJE little set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - elegant card set, indeed! Your sister will be thrilled to give these to her bridesmaids, who will, in turn, be delighted! Thoughtful, heart-warming and stunning!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a BEAUTIFUL card set, Lesley! Perfect for bridesmaids, how thoughtful of you. The vellum adds just the right amount of interest. Thanks so much for joining CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Lesley! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)