Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #34 {Happy Birthday}


Wednesday is here and that means another sketch from Freshly Made Sketches! Thank you to everyone who has applied to our design team call, we are blown away by the response.  I am the hostess this week and I went for a fairly simple layout, please feel free to use any shapes. The colours I used were inspired by the Play Date Cafe Colours and then I decided to add some yellow designer paper from Summer Smooches paper to the card, and I am happy with the colours, what do you think?



I wanted to make an extra special card for my educational assistant, it is her birthday today!  I inked up the Triple Treat Flower again! I think I have used this stamp ALL week! I used the sentiment from Perfectly Penned, I love this pretty greeting set! My designer paper comes from the Summer Smooches again and also the Designer Pack in Subtles. I added the flagged ribbon to the side of my flower once again, using the White Organza Ribbon.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Triple Treat Flower, Perfectly Penned
Papers: Pretty in Pink DSP, White, Regal Rose, Baja Breeze and Summer Smooches
Inks: Basic Gray, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Baja Breeze
Extras: 5 Petal Flower Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, Small Circle Punch (1/8"), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Pearls, Dimensionals, White Organza Ribbon

We hope that you will join Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

18 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! I'de be HAPPY with it too the colors and patterns are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and spring-like! Love that ribbon flag on the side...perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card Lesley. These colours looks so good together on your pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture taken outside int he sunlight! Shows off the beautiful colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome sketch, Lesley! Can't wait to play along this week! I love all the layers and texture on your card...those colors are gorgeous, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that card Lesley it is a perfect mother's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful card. These colors are so pretty. Love the triple treat flower alos. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these colors are fabulous! They remind me of all the colors of summer! Your assistant will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how fresh & pretty your colour palette is Lesley, & that offset embossed edge is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, such fun colours. Love the Happy Birtday stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, this card is amazing. I love the color combo and stamp. I bet your assistant is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy with the colors, too, Lesley! Your sketch and card are extraordinary! I've lots of packing and cleaning to do, but hope to also get a card made for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, I love everything about it, and the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colours are so beautiful when put together ... love your creation Lesley ... the layers and DSP are so so pretty!
    Thanks for a great sketch this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lesley LOVE this in the new colors- Gorgeous spring colors. Triple Treat is one of my favs for sure, but these colors give it whole new look ... wow. Love it.
    hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet card for the FM sketch!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lesley, this ia such a pretty card. I love the colors and how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty, Lesley! I love the colours in it - so soft and summery :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)