Sunday, October 3, 2010

Colour Dare and Pals Paper Arts

I am inspired by Ann Schach and LOVE the way she puts cards together.  I promised her I would try to play along with the Pals Paper Arts Challenge tonight which was to use a button on your card.  I confess, I am a buttonless stamper...I need to get my hands on some of those great new buttons in the Holiday Mini.  Instead I dug out my Buttons Die to use in the Big Shot and cranked out a button made of Daffodil Delight Paper and sponged it with Chocolate Chip.  This card was also made for the current Colour Dare Challenge to use Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla.  I really love those colours together!  I chose those colours because of Nance Leedy and her inspirational cards!!  She often awes me with her work. 


So there it is...I am posting to see what you all think.  Is it a too busy or am a close to creating something adequately Vintage?

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Elements of Style, Because I Care
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight and Very Vanilla
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Crimper, Big Shot, Buttons Die, Retired Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Sponges, Distressing Tool

Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles,
Lesley

11 comments:

  1. I think this is gorgeous! And not too busy at all! I love what you've done with the ribbon. I have attempted this many times with no success. Wonderful card!! Also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big button and how you used this week's Colour Dare colours. Beautiful flowers and I love the crimped panel. Thanks for playing the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so pretty - the texture is wonderful and how cool you made the button! Then there's that fabulous scrunchy ribbon...........so glad you play at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with so many vintage details...the scrunchy ribbon,the distressed edges are fabulous! I love the color combination, too! I loved that you made the color coordinated button. Thanks for playing with the Pals...and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the ribbon. The vintage look and feel you accomplished with those colors is just gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us @ PPA!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, this is GORGEOUS. I love what you have done with the Color Dare trio! This is such a great vintage card. I love the background stamping, the lush ribbon treatment and especially how you repeated just a couple flowers in the center. It's beautiful. Thanks for the kind words--the feeling is mutual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love all of your details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. I love how things overlap!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being this week's featured stamper over on the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being chosen as the Featured Stamper for Riley's Color Dare! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely Lesley! You cards are usually so wonderfully clean & simple but this is a welcome change! Love the vintage feel you have achieved. The rough edges, scrunched cardstock, ruffled ribbon...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)