Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge & a Sneak Peak

The sketch at Stamping 411 was the perfect excuse to ink up a new stamp set "Bells & Boughs"and to cut into some new Christmas Designer Paper "Deck the Halls" from the upcoming Holiday Mini Catalogue.  The sketch stumped me at first but as I starting playing with the sketch, I realized that I could use two different patterned paper on this card.  I also am so used to creating a square or a circle for the centre...this sketch really forced me to try something new!

I usually sponge or make a frame for the Wide Oval punch that I used for the sentiment...but this time I liked that is was stark Very Vanilla paper and against the lace ribbon.  The poinsettia is from the new stamp "Bells & Boughs" set as is the sentiment.  I watercoloured the poinsettia with my Cherry Cobbler Marker and my Aqua Painter and then, after all that hard work, I covered it with a Vanilla coloured Poinsettia...to add some interest.  It is hard to tell in the photo, but I covered the centre of the flower with glitter.  'Tis the season for glitter!!

I echoed the sketch again on the inside of the card, then inked up one of my stamps from the "Many, Merry Messages" Set in Cherry Cobbler and stamped another image from the new set of holly in Crumb Cake over top...my inspiring friend LeAnne always does that on the inside of her cards, I have always wanted to try it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

9 comments:

  1. I love that you used new goodies here, the rich colors are gorgeous too. You even finished the inside? Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card. I love the colors. Sounds like you changed it up a bit during the creation of this card. I did too with this set.
    You did a great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this one on 411. Love the Christmas paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!!! I love what you did with this sketch! I love all the elements you chose and am thinking I need this stamp set now... :) Thanks for being an enabler.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant! I love the richness of the dsp, and the inside of the card is finished perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley -- this is just gorgeous! Love everything about it and especially the angle on layer two! You did a great job with this week's Stamping 411 sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Operators! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! Love this DSP!!! Thanks for stopping by and playing along this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card lesley - It's over the top christmasy - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card...love the holiday colors! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)