Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Three Challenge Card!

I made this card for THREE challenges! Woo-hoo! I used the Colour Challenge at "Pals Paper Arts" which was Garden Green, Celery and Kraft. This also works for the "Stampin' Royalty Challenge" to use all greens and a little neutral if needed! I also used paper piercing on the tag where the sentiment is, to add some detail! I got the idea to paper pierce the tag from the "Crazy for Challenges" Blog which is calling for Paper Piercing on cards! The sentiment is stamped in White Craft Ink and then I used White Embossing Powder and heat set it with my heatgun! To achieve the marbeled look on the Medallion image I did two techniques called "Thumping" and 'Misting". I inked up the Medallion Stamp in Celery and thumped it with my Garden Green Marker. Then I lightly misted it with water and stamped. I love how the Medallion looks! This is the first time I have tried this technique!Here is my finished card! Clean and simple! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day. I am still feeling a bit queasy and think it is back to bed for me. Darn flu bug!

Smiles,
Lesley ;)

7 comments:

  1. Love this medallion & impressed with your 3-challenge card! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the medallion! I really like how you were able to get more then just one shade of green into the image :-)
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley, I totally love your this card with the Medallion. You Rocked all 3 challenges. Thanks for popping in on my blog and the wonderful comment. I was neverous of trying all green...but maybe I will step out of my box...lol..TFS. I am going to check out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and elegant!!
    I like the big medallion, great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I have never tried this technique! Thanks for sharing it, and thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and simple! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the challenge. I love your card. The marbling is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)